This page contains information on my design philosophy, about the ideas and opinions behind my design decisions.
My top 5 design goals.
- Less is more.
- Run the program from anywhere you like.
Take your preferences with you when you move.
- You donít have to install the software to run it.
- Just copy it wherever you like and run it from there.
Everything is contained in one file.
- You donít have to set your preferences everytime you change computers.
Minimal system requirements.
- You donít have to worry about missing files.
- You donít have to worry about conflicting DLLs.
Simple programs are easier to understand and learn.
- You donít have to install runtime libraries or a large framework first.
- You donít have to worry about service packs.
ĎThe bare neccessitiesí are usually good enough.
- You donít have to read a manual.
- You donít have to pay for Ďbells and whistlesí you donít need anyway.
- Smaller programs contain less bugs.