Like everything else in BugLister, charts and reports were designed for simplicity. Rather than implementing its own reporting features - which would bloat the program and make it more expensive - BugLister relies on
MS-Excel or similar programs to create charts and reports.
- Open reports with two mouse clicks - from within BugLister
- Print, Mail, Save or Change your reports like any other document
- Use the tools you already know to create custom reports
- The BugLister program itself remains small and lean
1. Select a view and filter.
The filter you select also applies to the reports.
If you want to create a summary report only for defects assigned to you, simply filter the list with the ‘My defects’ button.
If you need a report for all defects in the database, deactivate the filter.
2. Select a report from the menu.
All reports are available under BugLister’s ‘Reports’ menu item. You can add custom reports to the menu.
3. Work with your MS-Excel sheet....
The MS-Excel sheet opens without further intervention.
With automatic refresh enabled, the sheet will contain the data you have selected in Step 1 above.
This is a true MS-Exel document so you can
- Print it
- Mail it
- Save it
- Change it
just like any other document.
4. Change it and save it as a template for your own reports.
Use the tools you know to change the report.
If you need a different chart type, simply use the MS-Excel tools to change the report the way you want.
You can overwrite the predefined report with the new one...
Or save it under a different file name as a new report.
5. Use your own reports like predefined reports - from within BugLister.
The MS-Office integration combines the best of both worlds: BugListers ease of use and simplicity with the powerful charting functionality of MS-Excel. With just one or two mouse clicks